What are the key considerations when planning the length of your corporate video? What’s the golden duration that makes people want to share not skip your videos?
Let’s begin with your audience. Think about:
• What is the purpose of the video? Who is it for and why?
• When and where is your audience likely to view the video?
• How will they consume it – big screen at an international gala, on their laptop or on a mobile phone?
• How often is it likely to be watched? Is it an advert that will play regularly in a social media feed or a one-off?
• Are you interrupting the viewer with your sales message or have they chosen to watch?
• What is your relationship with the viewer? Are they loyal fans who already know all about you or new blood you want to win over?
• What do you want the viewer to do after they have watched your video?
Answering these basic questions will really help you shape the purpose of your video, which in turn will help you decide on length…